Courtesy of the Automotive Service Association
The following simple and inexpensive preventive checks will greatly extend the life of the vehicle, ensure safer operation and even benefit the environment.
Always consult your owner's manual for individual service schedules because maintenance requirements vary by manufacturer.
- Always consult your owner's manual, but a good rule of thumb is to have the oil filter changed regularly - every 3,000 to 4,000 miles.
- Have all fluids checked, including brake, power steering, transmission/transaxle, windshield washer solvent and antifreeze. These fluids play a large role in the safety and performance of the vehicle.
- Check tire inflation. Under-inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency. This is the least expensive form of preventive and safety maintenance. Tires should be checked once a month.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 30 percent.
- Have the chassis lubricated frequently. This step extends the life of the moving components of the vehicle's suspension system.
- Check battery cables and posts for corrosion and clean them as needed. The battery fluid also should be checked and filled if it is low, unless it is a maintenance-free battery.
- Have the lighting system checked frequently, including headlights, turn signals, and brake and taillights.
- Check windshield washer blades for cracks, tears and windshield contact. Replace them at least once a year, or sooner if streaking begins.
- Inspect engine belts regularly. Worn belts will affect the engine performance. Look for cracks and missing sections or segments.
- Have the air filtration system checked frequently. The air filter should be checked every other oil change for clogging or damage. This system ensures that the vehicle is performing at its peak condition.
Discover More About Maintenance and Repair Services At Crane Alinement in Mt Clemens
General Auto Repair Services
What People Say About Us
Best alignment place in the city, hands down.
A pleasure to do business with. It's rare to find such honesty with mechanics. Thank you.
Have been going to this family for work on my vehicles since my first car, an '88 Cavalier, and I've never had a complaint! They do the job, are more than fair with pricing, and very honest and trustworthy! If you have the honor to sit in the shop while they're doing work, be prepared for excellent conversation and good-natured ribbing. Only thing: don't call expecting him to get your car in tomorrow. Because they're so amazing and wonderful, you do have to get in line!
Jim is awesome. Great family business. You can trust anything that they tell you about your vehicle and Bank on it. They will not charge you too much. They will tell you what needs to be done and what can wait.
Good honest mechanic. Been coming here for alignments, brake repairs and other car repairs for more than 20 years. Work done right, and a mechanic with integrity. Highly recommended.
A pleasure to do business with these folks, a family owned business.